Part 1 - Basic Training Objectives:
- Develop Knowledge of EMDR's 8 phases & 3 prongs
- Communicate knowledge of the Adaptive Information Processing Model
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic recent research supporting EMDR
- Demonstrate ability to gather history and develop a target plan for a basic client
- Prepare a client for EMDR Therapy
- Treat a non-complex client using phase 3-8
- Develop knowledge of using EMDR with basic specialty groups; children, couples, & BIPOC
- Communicate knowledge of EMDRIA, EMDR Certified Therapist requirements and the consultation process
Part 2 - Complex Training Objectives:
- Demonstrate complex techniques for developing targeting plans
- Demonstrate complex approaches for client resource development
- Demonstrate knowledge of working with more complex clients
- Demonstrate more complex processing skills (i.e. Window of Tolerance, Cognitive Interweaves, and the Gears)
- Develop knowledge of basic treatment concepts with complex specialty areas (i.e. Addictions, Pain, Disscociation, First Responders, etc.)
- Demonstrate a variable approach to working with complex client scenarios using the "gear" approach
Participants must complete the entire EMDR training course and 10 hours of group consultation within 24 months (for in-person courses) or within 12 months (for virtual courses) from their initial Part 1 start date. Please consider this deadline when registering for the training.
Times are Given in Eastern Standard Time
PART 1 Training Schedule
DAY 1 - FRIDAY, September 23, 2022 | 8am - 5:30 pm (8 hours)
DAY 2 - SATURDAY, September 24, 2022 | 8am - 5:30 pm (8 hours)
DAY 3 - SUNDAY, September 25, 2022 | 8am - 12:15 pm (4 hours)
Part 2 - Training Schedule
DAY 1 - FRIDAY, October 28, 2022
DAY 2 - SATURDAY, October 29, 2022
DAY 3 - SUNDAY, October 30, 2022
This event will be conducted as a LIVE online webinar for Parts 1 & 2. Thrive uses Zoom as its primary video conferencing platform. You will need a high-speed internet connection and a laptop equipped with a webcam, speakers, and microphone. Many headphones or earbuds incorporate microphones.
If you have technical questions about participating in video conferencing, please email email@example.com.
Thrive Training & Publications is an EMDRIA Approved training provider, and therefore, this training is EMDRIA Approved. Thrive Training & Publications was founded in Fayetteville, NC by Chris Floro, LMFT, and is listed under the state of North Carolina on EMDRIA’s list of Approved Training Providers.
PRIVATE PRACTICTIONER / FOR PROFIT
NONPROFIT, COMMUNITY HEALTH, INTERNS & STUDENTS, AND MILITARY / VETERAN CLINICIANS
Thrive Training & Publications realizes EMDR training is a significant commitment. For that reason, we also offer payment plans for those who prefer to spread out the cost. You will be able to select the payment plan option when you place your order.
Payments begin upon registration and are automatically deducted on the same day each month.
If using the payment plan option, the registrant understands that the full balance must be paid before a Certificate of Completion will be issued. Should the payment plan be cancelled for any reason, the registrant will be held responsible for aspects of the program that have been completed.
Refunds: Refunds can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that we are not able to accept international participants for virtual training events at this time.
LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
- Qualifying Medical Doctors must be licensed to practice in their state or province.
- Qualifying Advanced Practice Registered Nurses must have a Master of Science in Nursing (or higher) with a specialization in psychiatric mental health nursing and must be licensed to practice through their state board or province.
- Qualifying Mental Health Clinicians must have a Master’s Degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and be licensed to practice through their state board or province.
PRE-LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
- These are clinicians who are actively pursuing a mental health license through their state board (or province) while working under a licensed supervisor. Some of these license types may include: associate, intern, limited, provisional, temporary, and pre-license.
- Qualifying Pre-Licensed Mental Health Clinicians must have a Master’s Degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and must be actively pursuing a full license through their state board (or province) while working under a licensed supervisor.
- In order to verify their eligibility, clinicians must submit a letter from their current supervisor confirming they are: 1) under the supervision of a fully licensed mental health clinician, and 2) actively pursuing a full license through their state board (or province). We kindly request that the letter is written and signed on the supervisor’s office letterhead; additionally, the letter must include the supervisor’s license information and number. Please submit the letter as a PDF to email@example.com either prior to or during the training registration process.
Please read EMDRIA’s EMDR Training FAQ for assistance.
10 hours of consultation is required as part of the EMDRIA Approved Basic Training. Thrive Training & Publications has included the cost of these 10 hours of consultation as part of your basic training registration fee.
Some training organizations do not disclose whether the cost of the required 10 hours of consultation is part of their basic training registration fee. The 10 hours of consultation may add anywhere from $250-$1000 to your basic training cost. Thrive Training & Publications suggests you compare before you commit.
Thrive Training & Publications' consultation fee is $30 per hour, one of the lowest in the EMDR training industry. We escrow $300 (10 hours @ $30/hour) of your registration fee for your consultation. With each consultation session you use, $30 is deducted from your $300 consultation escrow account.
Scheduling your consultation:
It is up to you to utilize the hours of consultation. We would suggest that you not delay in scheduling your hours after training. We typically do not offer consultation during the actual training; your days are long enough!
Consultation is still valuable regardless of your current work situation and would still apply toward completing the basic training course.
This is the most common form of consultation. Upon completion of training, you will be given links to all of Thrive Training & Publications' EMDR Consultants, who have a variety of times and days of the week available from which you can select. Typically, no more than four participants will be scheduled for any time slot. Special arrangements can sometimes be made with a consultant for an agency that has more than 4 participants seeking consultation.
Consultation Cancellation Policy:
Thrive Training & Publications coaches have agreed to set aside time from their clinical practice to provide your consultation, often for less than their rate for a clinical session. In respect for their commitment to help you integrate EMDR into your clinical practice, it is Thrive Training & Publications' policy that coaches charge the regular $30/hr consultation fee for no shows or late cancellations. To make up a missed consultation session, you will need to make arrangements to pay for that session out-of-pocket.
Completing your consultation:
Completing your consultation is an individual process; however, please note that you will not receive your Certification of Basic Training Completion until you have completed all of the training and the 10 hours of consultation. We strongly suggest you schedule your consultation on a weekly basis.
Once you have completed an EMDR Training, you are considered to be an EMDR trained clinician. EMDR certification with EMDRIA requires additional continuing education and consultation in EMDR and is a separate process. To become certified, one must:
- Be fully trained in an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training course
- Be licensed or certified in their profession with a minimum of two years’ experience in their field
- Complete 20 additional hours of consultation in EMDR with an Approved Consultant
- Conduct with at least 25 different clients a minimum of 50 clinical sessions in which EMDR is used
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education in EMDR every two years
Please visit emdria.org for more information about certification.
Thrive Training & Publications has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, #6956. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Thrive Training & Publications is solely responsible for all aspects of this program.
Participants will receive a 20 hour of continuing education credit upon completing Part 1 and another 20 hours continuing education credit upon completion of Part 2. Attendance for the entirety of each part is required to receive CE credits. No partial credit will be awarded.
Thrive Training & Publications’ CE Classes do not provide CMEs for psychiatrists (MDs).
NBCC Certificates of Attendance containing CE information or CE Classes’ CE Instructions to obtain CEs will be issued upon receipt of the course evaluation and final sign-out at the conclusion of the training.
Concerning EMDRIA Credits for refresher registrations:
Clinicians may use a repeat of the basic training in lieu of EMDRIA Credits on a one-time basis towards their EMDRIA Certification or Approved Consultant renewal. EMDRIA does not allow repeated training in lieu of the EMDRIA Credits for initial Certification or AC applicants.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR SCHEDULED TRAININGS:
- Minimum Attendance Requirement: Thrive Training & Publications reserves the right to cancel any training 10 days prior to the first day of the scheduled training if it does not meet its minimum attendance requirement of 10 participants.
- Unforeseen Events: Thrive Training & Publications reserves the right to cancel any training up to 24 hours before the first day of the scheduled training if something occurs beyond its control, such as severe weather, national disaster, sudden illness, or death of a relative of the scheduled trainer.
- Refund: In the event Thrive Training & Publications cancels a training, participants will receive 100% of their registration fee as a credit to their credit card or a check.
PARTICIPANT CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Participants may cancel their registration up to 24 hours prior to the first day of the scheduled training.
- Cancellations shall be requested in writing directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants will receive a full refund of their registration fee.
Thrive Training & Publications’ EMDR Training Courses are held in facilities that are in accordance with the American Disabilities Act. Please contact email@example.com to request special accommodations for disability (ADA).
Thrive Training & Publications is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformation with the APA, ASWB, NASW, NBCC, and EMDRIA grievance procedures.
During a training event, the trainer responsible for conducting the training has authority from Thrive Training & Publications to address any concerns that arise during the actual training. Every effort will be made to address the concerns during the training, to include changing practice partners, addressing staff issues, etc.
If the trainer is unable to address the participant’s concerns, the complaints and grievances shall be presented in writing to Christopher Floro, Founder, Thrive Training & Publications, LLC.
Thrive Training & Publications' approach in resolving grievances is always from the perspective of what is in the best interest of the participant.
All complaints and grievances are reviewed within 5 working days. Formal grievances are required to be written and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.