Once you have completed an EMDR Training, you are considered to be an EMDR trained clinician. EMDR certification with EMDRIA requires additional continuing education and consultation in EMDR and is a separate process. To become certified, one must:
- Be fully trained in an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training course
- Be licensed or certified in their profession with a minimum of two years’ experience in their field
- Complete 20 additional hours of consultation in EMDR with an Approved Consultant
- Conduct with at least 25 different clients a minimum of 50 clinical sessions in which EMDR is used
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education in EMDR every two years
Please visit emdria.org for more information about certification.